Pages

Friday, August 15, 2014

Funny stories

So tonight while putting Abigail to bed she wanted to tell me a story. I'm paraphrasing, but trying to use her words as much as I can remember.

"Once upon a time there was a little kitten. She wanted to start her own crew. So she went around looking for people for her crew. First, she met a turtle. He told her that his brothers were really mean, and they were telling him he was too slow, and they tried to break his shell, and then the broke their dad's favorite cup, and then blamed it on him! So the dad kicked him out. Now he was all alone. So the kitten invited turtle to join her crew." This goes on and on with different stories of how each animal was abandoned one way or another and ends up in Kitten's crew. The funniest by far was a toy that was abandoned by Santa. I stopped her and said, "Whoa! Santa would NEVER abandon a toy." And she said, "No, Mommy, this was a black Santa."

I know she doesn't even know the term black, for people with brown skin, and she was just meaning an evil Santa that wore black clothes. But the sentence taken out of context just still makes me laugh so hard.

Today I ran on the treadmill, and Nathan was watching from the daycare area. After I went to pick him I asked him if he saw me running super fast. He said, "Yeah! You fast. You look like a bear man!" How's that for encouraging. A bear man! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment