Pages

Monday, December 17, 2018

My 7 year old Nathan.


Link cake.
Fortnite shirt.
Playing Super Smash Bros on the Switch with his favorite people.

I think he had a pretty perfect birthday weekend.

And I wish I could keep him like this forever. Nathan is smart, kind, and just seriously a great kid. Doesn't hurt that he thinks the world of me too. I feel like we're on the cusp of change in our family and it terrifies me a little bit. So instead of being scared I'll just try to savor the moments and remember how quickly it all changes.

I was asking the kids if they liked my ideas for Christmas presents for Daddy. Nathan piped in, "Mom - whatever YOU get Daddy, he will love it.  If you tell him to. He will do anything you want! Especially at Christmas." Made my heart melt a little and just so glad that is his example of fatherhood and marriage. Hopefully though Aaron won't have to be told to like his Christmas presents.

Also, just an illustration of how much he loves me that I never want to forget.... There is an album called Broken Bride by Ludo. The whole thing is one continuous story about a man trying to go back in time to save his wife from dying in a car accident. It's sad, tragic and beautiful. To fully appreciate this story you need to just listen to it (at least the first and last song) My kids love it and we have the CD going almost every time we're in the car. One morning Nathan had a question about it. "How does the guy get back to his mom?" I start to explain and then pause, "...wait, Nathan, do you think this song is about his mom?"  Nathan, confidently, "Of course!"  *cue tears*


















No comments:

Post a Comment