Pages

Friday, December 21, 2018

Magical nights

Not a great picture but it's all I've got to show you how much fun we had last night. This will be quick because I'm sitting in a "student-no-show" for VIPKID, but the student can show up at any time. So I will be brief, but I wanted to write something because otherwise this night will be soon forgotten. We loaded up the kids and a few friends in the back of Aaron's truck, as I sat in the cab with the babies and Aaron drove. The kids sang Christmas carols at the top of their lungs, and Nora sang along through the little window. Matthew danced in his car seat. We drove around and looked at lights in our neighborhood. Then we loaded up into the big van and got hot chocolate and went to Candy Cane Lane. There was a tour bus of retired people and the sidewalks were littered with little white haired old ladies. We had our windows down while we blasted the Christmas songs. And then I had the devious idea of putting on Grandma Got Run Over by A Reindeer. Which had Aaron in stitches. It was pretty funny. Then at the house with the candy canes the news was there filming. I had been cooking and baking all day and have been fighting a cold, so I was in really grubby clothes. Stained sweat pants, a pun t-shirt, and no shoes. I ran out to grab the candy canes because if we let all the kids out it would have been chaos. I am not sure how much the news filmed or what they will use but there is footage of me somewhere out there looking like a wreck, taking candy canes off a fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment