Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2018

Eliza's funny

I told Eliza tomorrow was the last of the year. She dramatically wailed and cried.

"What? Why are you sad??" I asked, clearly confused.

"Now it will NEVER be my birthday!" she sobbed.

"What? Yes, your birthday is still just 22 days away." I said, still confused.

"No! You said it's the LAST DAY!"

"OF THE YEAR YOU GOOSE, NOT ALL TIME!" And then I proceeded to laugh, while Eliza wiped her tears.

"Huh?" She asked.

And then I went on to explain that it was the last of the calendar year, and it will be 2019, and it will be January so her birthday will be even closer. Though I really had to laugh that her response to thinking it was the last day, ever, for all time, was that she would miss her 5th birthday.


And a few days earlier...

Eliza - "Mom, I think I have it all figured out. Grandma and Grandpa are daddy's mom and dad. And Nan and Pop are your mom and dad."

"Yep. That's right."

E - "But then who is Nan and Pop's mom and dad? JESUS??"


No comments:

Post a Comment