Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2018

Finding joy in the little moments

I often feel like my life is complete chaos. And let's be real, most of the time it is. (I actually started this post two days ago, got interrupted and I'm just getting back to it now, at 8:30 on a Thursday.) Lately though, I've been able to find a lot of joy in the little things. Slowing down and taking a step back and just watching this incredible life unfold in front of me. Last night we had homemade pizza for dinner. The kids loved rolling out their dough and adding their own toppings. Everyone was fighting over the rolling pin, and notice who has it in the picture. Ms. Nora, Queen of Everything. 

Also, after dropping the kids off at school, on the way home we found this random pile of snow in someone's front yard. I couldn't NOT pull over and let my little girls get out and play for a bit. I hoped if anyone came out and was angry about it, their happiness and cuteness would win them over. But no one ever came out, and the girls had a great time.

I'm always thinking of the next thing I need to do. Or that I should be doing. Every once in a while it feels good to just let go of all of that, and just be with my kids. We've had a lot of fighting and yelling around here lately and I am certain a big part of it is from me, when I get mad about things not getting done and I yell, and it all trickles down. But we're a work in progress and I think we'll figure it out eventually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment