Pages

Friday, December 19, 2014

motherhood


Okay this is a horrible picture, but you can kind of tell what it is right? This is a field near my house, and that is a man sitting at the edge, looking kind of sad. He had his head down in his hands. I noticed him, but didn't think much about it. Then I heard Nathan's little voice from the back seat saying, "Look! That man lost his mommy." 
And that really touched my heart. This guy looked really sad and kind of lost sitting there, and I love that Nathan thought "Hm, the only reason that anyone be like that was because they didn't have their mommy." And it made me realize again how important my job is. 
There are so many times when it really doesn't feel that way. Of course I always know in my heart that I'm doing the most important work in the world, but it's very easy to lose sight of that through the course of dirty dishes, mountains of laundry, and general care taking of 4 small people.
And then every once in a while something happens to remind you.
Something like a 3 year old letting you know, in his own way, that without you he would be completely lost.
I'm pretty sure I've written a post just like this before, but it was Olivia or Abigail saying something similar. I really treasure these moments, in case you couldn't tell. They are too few and far between. Or perhaps just too often overlooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment