Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Have I really not written that long??

I could have sworn I wrote about our trip to NJ, but I guess I didn't.

And now all the details are gone from my mind.

But here are some highlights...

Seeing my brother be himself with my kids. He has had a rough few years, and I don't know, just didn't seem like the brother I knew, and the uncle I thought he was going to be... until this trip. He was wrestling and laughing and playing with my kids, and it was great. It also made me wish we didn't live so far away.

My Nanny came over every single day to hold Eliza. And tell her how pretty she was. And tell my mom to look at her because she was doing something. It cracked me up. She would smile, or eat her hands, or close her eyes, or blink, and Nanny would say, "Look! Look Michele! How cute." And my poor Mom who trying to do a million other things would look and agree, how cute. I loved seeing my sweet little baby so fussed over, and again made me wish we didn't live so far.

We went to the Liberty Science Center with my parents and sister and had a lot of fun. Olivia got to go through the Touch Tunnel, which is really a notable milestone for any kid who grew up in NJ, so I'm glad she got that experience. There were lots of other cute things, and it was great to have enough adults to outnumber the kids for a change. Again made me wish we didn't live so far!

The kids got to spend time with my aunts, going to all sorts of fun places.

We also did a "Thanksgiving" dinner which was great. I got to see all of my cousins and aunts and uncles and spend time together like a holiday, even though it wasn't at all. I miss them all so much, and yes again I wished we lived closer so times like that weren't so rare.

Oh yeah and Nathan was sick like the entire time. And not just sick, but absolutely miserable. Crying, and whining, and just no pleasing him. He wasn't really himself until the end of the trip, so that kind of sucked.

Oh and speaking of sucked... I was soo sick right before we left. Poor Aaron had to do all the pack and last minute remembering of stuff to bring because I was in bed shivering with a high fever, and coughing my lungs up. Yeah that sucked. Going through security at the airport sucks in general. Going through with four kids really sucks. Going through with four kids AND having a body temperature over 102 reeaally, really sucks. But we made it, and actually the flight itself wasn't bad at all. Going home was a breeze as well. My tips for traveling with lots of little kids... don't make the mistake we made a few years ago and bring a bunch of sugary snacks to bribe them with. It makes them act like lunatics. Bring some healthy snacks, and lots of electronics. A crummy night's sleep helps too, because 5 hours on a plane, someone is bound to fall asleep.

The kids are still asking to go back to Nanny's house. Especially Nathan. Olivia and Abigail seem to realize it's not very realistic to think we could hop on a plane willy nilly and go visit, but Nathan doesn't see why not. Every time we drive past the airport, or even see a plane he asks if we can "fly in the sky" to Nanny's house.

Other fun news... the girls started t-ball. They are cute, but it is getting so hot already. I think they need to sign up for gymnastics or hockey or any other indoor activity! It's still in the 90's so that's good, but the end of the beautiful weather is in sight and I'm dreading it. I'll try to update more and get some pictures up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment