Pages

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Eliza @ 3 months


I think recently Eliza knew I've been wondering if we're done having anymore babies, or if I want just one more... and she wants to the baby. She wants me to never even think about having another. She's ensuring this by giving up all her naps and crying with a fierceness she's never before exhibited. It has been exhausting. Hopefully it was just an upset tummy or something, but man it's been a rough 48 hours.

A little about Eliza... she has never been a good napper. She will fall asleep on her own, but only stay asleep for 20-45 minutes, if I'm lucky. There are many days her only naps are the few minutes we are in the car running someone to school or t-ball, or whatever. She does sleep well at night though, so I can't complain too much.

She's around 17lbs, and nurses about every 3-4 hours during the day. I'm slightly afraid this new fussiness is teething, but I think it's too early. She does love to chew on her hands and drools an awful lot. But I don't know.

She's a mostly happy baby. Although she is probably my most high maintenance baby. She always wants someone talking to her. She's completely content, as long as someone is paying her some attention. Fortunately for her she has two older sisters who are happy to sit and talk to her. Yesterday she was "talking" to Abigail and Abigail said, "Eliza, I wish you could just say something real." It was cute, and I thought I've felt that way too... wishing some people would just say something real. But I digress. She also hates to have a wet diaper. Her poor little tear duct is still clogged and so she has a goopy eye that requires constant wiping, massaging, hot compressing.

She tries to crawl already, and she has pushed herself forward, in this weird little almost army crawl type thing. It reminds me a lot of Olivia at this age... which worries me! And the other day she rolled from her back to her tummy.

She got a new play mat and she loves to grab her toys, and talk to them and smile. We really could have saved ourselves some money and just gotten the kid a mirror. She loves to talk to herself.

She goes to bed around 7-8 and sleeps until 7-8 the next morning, waking once to eat. Although we did have one night where she slept 13 solid straight hours. That would have been a great night if I wasn't plagued with a random bout of insomnia, and couldn't fall asleep until 2:00 AM.

Overall she brings our family so much joy, and I just love watching her grow and develop.


No comments:

Post a Comment