Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

I love my mom!

It is so nice coming "home" to visit my family. It's a long, exhausting drive, but so worth it. This week has felt like vacation. Every night once the kids are in bed, Aaron and I have been able to go out. One night we just went to return something, and grocery shopping. The next night we went and roamed around Barnes & Nobles. Last night my mom and dad watched them so we could go out to eat and then go to the mall. We came home to sleeping kids. It's pretty much the best thing ever. We are going to squeeze in one more luxurious date before we head back to Erie on Saturday.

I am so grateful for my family being so willing to watch my kids. And so grateful that my husband loves to take me on a dates. And so grateful that after 5 and a half years of being married, I still love going on dates with my husband. Probably even more than I did before we got married.

Also my mom and I went and got our nails done together yesterday. What's better than a manicure date with your mom?

I'm happy. It will be so nice to start this term feeling refreshed. Man it's good to be me! I have needed this trip.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're having such a great time! Lucky girl! We'll miss you at book club tonight.

    ReplyDelete