Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

I'll have to add pictures later

NJ Recap.

So the kids really feel at home now at my mom's. It has made our trips much more restful. Usually there were a lot of sleepless nights, our first few nights in town. Now Olivia can't wait to sleep in Jesse's bed. As usual there wasn't enough time to see everyone and do everything we wanted. But the nice thing about being in PA is knowing we'll be back soon.

I made my first baby blanket on the trip for my friend Laura who is expecting her first baby in May. It was so much fun, and I am in love with my Nanny's sewing machine. I think it was her mother's. It's an antique Singer. It was so fun to use it. And my blanket came out kind of messed up, but that's the fun of a homemade one, right? It was also fun to catch up with Laura. At least as much as we could in the hour we were there, between trying to keep my children from destroying her apartment.

We also took the kids to the Fun Time America one night. Olivia was so hilarious on the Himalaya ride. She had her hands up and everything. It's our favorite Tuesday night spot in Middletown, NJ.

The kids got lots of presents from my very generous family. We are having lots of fun with our beautiful new doll stroller, and dress up clothes. We will have to host a play date here very soon. My mom also got the girls tickets to see Elmo's Green Thumb in April. We can't wait. I think Abigail is the most excited of all. Considering her vocab consists of, Mom, Dad, Hi, and Elmo... I guess she thinks pretty highly of the little red monster. So that will be fun.

The car ride home was looooooooooong. I think the longest ever. We just a had a lot of stops. Because of grumpy kids. Olivia also threw a toy at Abigail's head and cut it open. There wasn't much blood, but a big bump. I was seriously afraid we were going to have to stop at the emergency room on the way home. But she seemed fine, and it's nothing more than a goose egg now.  I'm glad it's over.

And now my house is seriously in shambles. I haven't lifted a finger, besides cooking dinner. There is a path through the living room. Everything was just dumped there after we got home, and it's still there. Tomorrow I will attack with my usual Monday gusto. But not yet - tonight I will pretend I'm still on vacation and lay on the couch and watch TV. Tomorrow back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment