Pages

Friday, September 7, 2018

We went to my cousin's wedding last weekend. It was a great time. The wedding was beautiful and Aaron and I got to run away all by ourselves. HEAVEN! So grateful for wonderful family who happily and willingly take on my brood of 6 kids. It was a lot of traveling for a short weekend, but I would do it again a million times. 

First of all - once you are used to traveling with kids, traveling alone is as good as life gets. There is nothing more relaxing to me than being a passenger on an airplane or in the car. So even though we had to travel 3 hours in the car, 4 hours on the plane, 5 hours in the car... then all over again 3 days later - it was honestly wonderful. 

We also got to go back to Erie and drive by our old apartment. I love that place and miss that time in our lives so much. Being back where it's so green and lush just makes me feel like fish put back in the water. We did some quick shopping and got lunch at Wegmans. I really love PA. 

The reception was so much fun. We danced and danced and laughed and talked and ate delicious food. 

Though on the way there I was so hungry. As soon as we landed I looked up restaurants on yelp and set my heart on this piorogi place. I was dying to try it as it had 5 stars and hundreds of reviews. It was a bit of a drive, and I poured over reviews the entire time. I knew exactly what I was going to get. We pull up... and it closed 15 minutes before we got there. AHhhhhh..... I cried. A lot. There was a pizza place next door and we were so hungry we just grabbed some pizza and it was awful. So gross. So I cried more. I don't know why I was so emotional - well yes I do. But man I wanted a freaking perogi so bad. But honestly - as fun as the wedding was, I was looking forward to it, but was also dreading it. I knew I would feel the heaviness of missing Jesse. As happy as it is, it's also so sad that Jesse isn't there. He would certainly have been Tommy's "best man" and having everyone together just feels so hard without him there. I hadn't really let myself feel any of this though - so it all came out when I was denied my delicious dinner.

But once we were there it was okay. There were tears shed, but mostly it was a happy day and though we miss Jesse so much we definitely knew he was there. I could almost see him standing next to Tommy with all the other groomsmen. Which was happy and sad. Wish he could really be there. I wish he had the chance to get married. I wish my moms heart wasn't so broken. But I'm grateful that we know this life isn't the end. 

Then after we got home from the wedding we had court for our sweet foster baby. It was an initial severance hearing. Which apparently all they do is set a date for the trial. So now we wait and pray and see what happens in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment