Pages

Monday, April 16, 2018

So my first class of the day canceled, so I have 30 minutes to myself this morning. I could be productive and go make kids lunches or clean something, but I've been trying to write here more often and this seemed like the perfect time. 

We go back to court for Matthew soon. His dad is doing really well. It makes you feel like a crummy person to find yourself wishing he would mess up. We just love this little guy so much and he feels so much like part of our family, it will be hard for everyone when he's not with us anymore. Eliza got him out of his pack n play and carried him to her bed, where her and Nora proceeded to cover him in kisses, making him giggle his little head off. It was adorable.  


Life with these kids is simultaneously overwhelmingly wonderful and at times just overwhelming. Moments when I'm carrying Nora on my hip, and Matthew in the infant carrier, or times when they both of their bowels decide today's the day to act like they're preparing for their first colonoscopy. (I think my maximum was 7 poopie diapers in one day.) These are times I wonder how the heck I'm doing this. Like what even is my life? But then moments like above just make it all worth it. "Picture the Thanksgiving table in 20 years" has become a bit of my mantra when times get hard. 


And now I have to give a whole little section to this hilarious face. This girl. My Eliza Jane. She is so funny. 99% of my daily laughter comes from her. I wish I could think of some examples off the top of my head, but about everything that comes out of her mouth is some level of ridiculous. She knows and loves it too. Like her mama, she absolutely loves making people laugh. She's as smart as they come, but my favorite thing about Eliza is her blunt honesty. She is a kid so she might try to do something sneaky here and there, but she always tells on herself. She's always quick to apologize and take full responsibility for it. It's not uncommon to hear her say, "I'm sorry I did that. It's my fault! I'll clean it up (or insert whatever action to make it right)." I am not sure where she gets this from, as none of my other kids seem to have this ability, but I sure hope she keeps it forever.
Aaron and I are taking the church's self reliance class together. I am pretty sure I wrote about when I took alone almost a year ago. I am so excited to be taking it with Aaron, even if it means a few late nights for the kids. It was really life changing the first time around, so I'm super excited to see where we end up 12 weeks from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment