Pages

Monday, April 23, 2018

I am a homebody. My favorite place in the world is my bed. When plans are canceled and I can just stay home my entire body sighs with relief. This is my happiest place. So I really limit things we do. But softball is a mandatory childhood experience, according to my husband. So this time of year is just the worst. Okay maybe not the worst, but good golly I spend a lot of time at the ball field. Which is fine, it's fine. Actually the games can be pretty fun and I love cheering for my kids and it turns out Nathan is actually pretty good, so that makes it even more fun. Lugging 6 kids to a ball game that doesn't start until past bedtime, to watch your kid sit on the bench is kind of infuriating, but I digress. And the girls aren't bad, they're just older and haven't been playing as long as some of the other girls on their teams so they kind of get thrown in center field or stuck on the bench. We're also getting to the end of the school year which means different ceremonies coming up. Preschool graduation, kindergarten graduation, piano recitals, and Olivia was selected to read a poem she wrote a school art show.  All good things, but so busy. So today while Aaron has a day off, and took the little girls out to lunch and the baby is sleeping, I'm sitting here writing and relaxing.

They filmed a food truck show for food network in Yuma this weekend. We happened to be in Sams Club while the contestants were zooming around the checkout line followed by a camera man. Abigail wanted to be on TV so we chased after them, but I do not think this will be her big break. However the guys were super friendly and took a picture with her.


 Eliza is the biggest worry wart. All of my kids went through this phase around this age, so I should be used to it, but it is exhausting. In this picture Eliza is stressing about some red lights she can glowing in the sky (airplanes) and if Daddy and Nathan are OK, and what if I can't find the way home. This is a big one for her. She constantly worries in the car that we are going to get lost, or transport to another world. I don't even know where she comes up with that one. We have never gotten lost and certainly haven't transported to any other worlds.
Her relationship with Nora is my favorite though. They are so cute together and I'm really grateful for most of my time with them. Dressing them up matchy-matchy also adds to my fun. Called Nora a copycat the other day because she was mimicking Eliza, and she replied with "Meow Meow!" So she's understanding a lot more lately and adding new words to her vocabulary every day. "Go! Car! Shoes!" have probably replaced "mama" as the most commonly used words. She loves to be out and on the go. Which kind of sucks for her, if you read my first paragraph. Good thing she has a daddy who loves her and will literally load her up in the car for a drive around the block, just because she asked. (over and over and over but still)

No comments:

Post a Comment