Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Sometimes you have a day where this isn't even the worst mess you clean up. Yes, that's hot pink lip gloss and it was my favorite of all time. And now it's all over my laundry, including my third favorite shirt, and Nathan's brand new church shirt. Fortunately, the rest of the clothes I don't care too much about. It was towels, and some jeans that were past their prime anyway. And you probably just learned something new about me, no I do not separate my laundry. I never have, and I've never had a problem. And I'm lazy, so that's how it goes. Unfortunately, due to that laziness I never check pockets, and maybe some day I'll learn. Because I'm really sad about that lip gloss.

But this was just one of many messes I cleaned up on Tuesday. The first was a result of Eliza getting her diaper off during nap time. I'll spare you the very disgusting details, but just know this. I smelled it before I saw it.

Also not pictured, a gallon of grape juice, an entire happy meal, and every other every day mess that you know is just part of life with four kids.

It was a rough day. Just so many frustrations in such a short period of time, and it happened to be on a day where Aaron was working a 13 hour shift. Not fun!

However, through most of it I just laughed. I was frustrated, but not paralyzingly overwhelmed. At one point I did think, "Heavenly Father I have been praying SO much lately. And I've been reading my scriptures EVERY DAY, and I'm serving people like all the time. So c'mon, where are those blessings you promised me??" And then I looked around me and realized how incredibly ridiculous I was being. I looked at my home, and my wonderful children, and thought of my hard working husband and I realized how blessed I was. And that by doing all those things that I should be doing, I can realize these as the blessings they are. I can have an eternal perspective and know that all of these frustrations are so temporary. And in that they are so much easier to bear.

And for the record, the past two days have been much less frustrating.

1 comment:

  1. So sad about the lip gloss! What kind was it and why did you love it? Color? Texture? I'm always in the market for new lip products to try :)

    ReplyDelete