Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

My mom's visit, my birthday, and Oct. Break

We started out Oct. break by heading up to Mesa for my sister-in-law's baby shower. Then we headed home to pick up my mom at the airport! The kids were beyond thrilled to see her. It was fantastic having her here! I really don't think I would have survived October break otherwise.

We went to the state prison park. Doesn't sound nearly as exciting as it actually is. Olivia and I thought it was fascinating, and Abigail was scared out of her mind. She wouldn't run around or explore, and ended up sitting on a bench playing games on my mom's phone to distract her from her terror. Other highlights of this trip include being told I was a beautiful pregnant lady by one of the workers... or was it beautiful for  a pregnant lady? Either way it had my mom and I laughing pretty hard.

What else did we do?? We did one little outing every day, and now for the life of me I can't remember. We shopped a lot... but somehow didn't buy that much? We even left Target empty handed. Good thing I just wrote that down because I don't think it has ever happened before, and is likely to never happen again.

We also had a great time on my birthday. Aaron let me sleep in, and take my time getting ready and brought me breakfast in bed. Then we did something... I really can't remember! But my mom and I went and got manicures and pedicures, then did a little more shopping then went out for lunch. Then we relaxed a bit at home, and then Aaron and I went out to dinner. We went to one of Yuma's "fine dining" restaurants, which can be risky in a small town, but it was delicious!

Anyway my mom had to go back on Saturday and Nathan hasn't stopped asking for Nana since.

Olivia is back to school and we are getting back into our routine. We have a lot of few busy weeks coming up with Abigail's birthday, and Olivia has a few performances for her singing group, and then Thanksgiving, and then of course Christmas will be here before we know it... and then it will be baby time in January! I am worried about how Nathan will deal with it. He hates when I hold his sisters, and he's very cuddly. I'm sure it will all work out, but I am the most nervous for this baby than I think I've been for the others.

And now some pictures...



2 comments:

  1. Huh, state prison park? You have me intrigued. I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your kids look so much older!

    ReplyDelete