Friday, October 19, 2012

Mommy - Son Date Night

I should really start this post by saying how awesome my birthday was. I have the greatest people in my life. Thank you everyone for making my birthday so special. I had a great day that involved the consumption of many delicious meals, lots of loving phone calls and well wishes, and presents, and cards, and just all around a great day.

However, I kept expecting my husband to surprise me. He always does something to surprise me. Like remember that time he got me a camera and actually we were going to Disneyland? Okay that was for Christmas, but still - he set the bar pretty high for himself. So all day I kept getting sad when he didn't randomly walk through the door. Then I finally got over it, realized we're big kids now and he had to work. I made my own fun. 

Fast forward to this morning -- my sweet sister-in-law told me she wanted to babysit for me this morning so I could actually take a shower and get ready for the day. Really Aaron had asked her to babysit so we could go out to breakfast. I thought Aaron had left for work, when really he went to the gas station and got changed into his normal clothes. I prepared myself for a day of flying solo - including packing up the van for the daddy-daughter camp out this weekend. Well you can imagine my surprise when Molly asked me to come downstairs, and Aaron walked back through the door.

Kind of funny story - Molly told me she was going to watch the kids for an hour or so, so I could get ready. Well it doesn't take me an hour to get ready, but I figured, hey she wants to spend an hour playing with my kids, I'll take my time. So instead of getting dressed I checked some blogs. And then she called me and was like "Uhm, sorry I thought I had more time but I actually have to go do something for school." And I was like, oh bummer. So I hurried and got dressed, but she said now she had like a half hour so I figured I still had some time to lounge around. I may or may not have climbed back into bed hoping for a quick 15 minute nap, when Molly called me again. This time she asked me to come downstairs so she could ask me something. Sheesh, I thought. So much for my hour! Why is she rushing me to get ready? I thought this hour was my birthday present! Well it all made sense when I found out my husband had been waiting out in the car for me.

So we went to breakfast and some randrom Friday garage sales. It was great. Then he packed up the van and got everything ready for his trip. I took a nap with Olivia. It was a great day. Much better than the day I had been anticipating.

And it was topped off with a great night. Aaron left with the girls around 3. Nathan and I cleaned the basement (somewhat) and facetime chatted with my mom, and my aunt and Nanny. Then we went out for a slice of pizza. Then we came home and put on some PJ's and snuggled and watched some TV. He was not a big fan of How I Met Your Mother. He figured out how to turn the TV off. So I put him to bed... and watched 2 - okay 4 - okay possibly 5, maybe even 6 episodes of HIMYM... Think he'll sleep in tomorrow?? Let's cross our fingers.

He ate an entire slice of pizza. He is a piggie.
And I love his shoes. They actually stayed on his feet the entire night!

1 comment: