Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"I'm glad I'm not the only one who has days where I feel like the whole world is against me."

That's someone said to me last night when I told them about my day.

I woke up at 5:30am and went to clean the office that we clean once a week.  Then I got home and spent a good 25-30 minutes trying to do Olivia's hair.  Then I walked a 1.5 miles to swim lessons.  When I got home I was beat.  Just so tired and it was only 11:00.  Abigail took a short little nap, while Olivia and I got some lunch.  Then Abigail woke up super cranky.  Olivia was super cranky.  Like climbing all over me and just being ridiculous.  My respite was going to be when Aaron came home for lunch, all day I was just thinking, at least I'll have 2.5 hours in the middle of the day with Aaron home.  So I was literally just feeling like, okay just get to the next minute, Aaron will be here soon.  But around noon when I was expecting him home he texted that he had to cover lunch and wouldn't be home until around 1:30.  NOOO!!!! So I put the kids in the car and was going to go drive to get a smoothie because I had a coupon.  Olivia fell asleep by the end of our street.  So I went home and laid her down.  Abigail was not ready to go back to sleep just yet.  About 30-40 minutes later Abigail was tired, so I laid her down and she fell asleep.  Aahhhh, now Aaron is home and we some time all to ourselves.... except Olivia woke up.  After like 35 freaking minutes.  She's a monster.  Not all that much later Abigail wakes up.  Also cranky.  Aaron has to go back to work... so I decide now would be a good time for that smoothie.  I have a coupon for a free one at this place that is like 30 minutes away.  I wouldn't drive all the way out there if it wasn't for the free coupon.  Anyway, I get there, and they tell me, sorry we don't honor that coupon right now because it's happy hour.  What!  That's lame.  You're actually getting a better deal, because my coupon is for 1 free smoothie, any size up to $5.  It's half off during happy hour, so the chick is like, well it's only going to be like $2.  And I'm like okay then doesn't it make more sense to take my coupon now... like that way you're actually not loosing $5, only 2.  I mean I wouldn't have driven all the way out there if it wasn't for free... blaahhh I seriously almost cried.  Then we went to McDonalds (Olivia's first trip, she loved it).  That was the highlight of the day.  Then we came home  to get ready for a Relief Society activity.  Since they took such crappy naps I decided to put them in their PJ's before we left so they could go right to bed when we got home.  I desperately need to do laundry.  Olivia had one cute pair of PJ's that were clean.  I left them on the floor then started to change Abigail's diaper.  I realized I had the wrong size diaper for Abigail so I left her on the floor to grab another diaper.  When I got back, Abigail had crawled over to Olivia's clean PJ's on the floor, and then peed directly all over them.  

It was a long day.  Not the worst day, but long.  Very long.  And last night was much too short.  Long days and short nights, I guess that's motherhood.

1 comment:

  1. How I wish I could be closer to help you especially when you have a day like that. Can't wait until you get here.

    Love you and miss you,

    mom

    ReplyDelete