Pages

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Abigail at 6 months.

Abigail is 6 months. I need to remember to take a picture of her today! I really want to get professional pictures taken of both my girl's this week. Maybe it will happen. Have to look at budget. This whole moving across the country thing is more expensive than I thought. But now, a letter to my sweet baby.

Abigail,
May you always be so sweet and content. You are just so smiley and sweet and make my heart swell whenever I see you. I put you down to bed at night, and you just fall asleep all on your own. I marvel at this every night because I had to work so hard for your sister to fall asleep every night. You barely ever wake up in the middle of the night. You still don't have any teeth. But you are crawling all over the place. But you can't sit up on your own yet (can't or won't, I haven't quite decided yet). You still make most just vowel sounds, but I thought I heard a bit of baaa or daaa, or something. But the fact that pretty much the only sound you make is a delighted scream, makes me regret waiving the hearing screening in the hospital. Daddy and I often clap, or call your name to see if you'll turn around. You do, most of the time.
Most every outfit you own was worn once by your sister, but when she was twice as old. You light up whenever you see or hear your sister. I love how much you guys love each other and I just pray you'll continue to be best friends for your whole life. Today you were crawling around and then you stopped to play with something you found on the floor. Olivia sat on you and was just sitting there reading a book, on your back. You didn't make a peep. Daddy told her to get up, and she did, but you didn't seem to mind at all. I am so in love with you! I can not believe 6 months have passed since you were born. Seems like a lifetime ago, and then again like yesterday.
Love always,
Your mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment