Pages

Friday, February 15, 2019

When life is absolutely insane sometimes I just stop and write...

This is one of those times. And I don't have much time to write but I'm going to write as much as I can before someone needs something. Someone always needs something.

Aaron's dad had a stroke last week. Apparently there are lots of sub-categories when it comes to strokes, and his was of the really bad variety. He is still with us, but recovering very, very slowly. I won't go into all of the details of what's going on, but he is still in the ICU. So the day of The Stroke, I also had an appointment for Matthew with a developmental pediatrician. So Aaron went to Mesa to be with his family and I went to Tucson, and my life-saver BFF, Nancy took care of everyone else.

Matthew is slightly developmentally delayed but they didn't give me any kind of diagnosis besides that. Recommended I follow up with ENT for his mouth breathing. And their test results showed his language is about a 9 month old development, but his cognitive ability was at 15 months (he's 18 months) so I was happy to hear that. And he is talking more and more every day, and understanding more as well. One of their "concerns" was that he didn't play appropriately with toys. Like they wanted him to feed this bear with a fake spoon. He threw the bear across the room. Then threw the food. In his defense, that might sometimes be what it looks like when I feed all of these children.

So Aaron spent two days in Mesa. Then worked for two days. Then we packed up and went back to Mesa for two days. Then we went to Disneyand. Disneyland has been planned for a few months, and we didn't get travelers insurance, so figured Dad would want us to go anyway. So we went. And it was great. Overall. There were hard moments. Eliza was sick with a fever and sore throat. Nora threw up in the car on the way there. But we laughed until our bellies hurt, and the last day the crowds were so low we were able to walk on most rides. Which is always a rare treat at Disneyland. I literally had to spend all day yesterday doing as little as possible to gear up for this weekend.

What's this weekend, you ask. Well, I'm driving back up to Mesa to see Dad and visit Mom. And the kids are off from school on Monday as well so we'll spend some time Saturday-Monday. Then I'm bringing Ammon and Ruth's kids home with me so they can enjoy Ammon's graduation from chiropractic college without worrying about lugging the kids along. Then next weekend I'll bring them back home (or possibly meet someone in Gila Bend because Saturday night is a daddy daughter dance that Aaron really wants to bring the girls to).

So I'm sitting here next to a suitcase and a pile of laundry. The last two weeks have been so crazy with so much traveling. And next week will be crazy with cousin fun. And then we'll have a couple of weeks of peace, I hope. Then I'm taking Olivia to Universal Studios for her birthday. And then the kids are off the first week of April, and we'll probably spend it in Mesa.

It is crazy how life can change in an instant. My mother and father-in-law had plans to come with us to Disneyland. They had errands they were going to run that day before they left. They were supposed to be going to Ammon's graduation together next week. It's just so hard and so sad. I keep thinking about how we chug on through life, and have no clue when some major thing will happen and just change everything. Can't dwell on that too much, but it's hard not to when something like this happens and that reality kind of slaps you in the face.

Here's some pictures of disneyland.


No comments:

Post a Comment