Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2018

Eliza's aspirations

At a recent check up to the doctor (I usually do well checks all at once if I can) the doctor asked the kids what they wanted to be when the grow up.

"A doctor!" Olivia replied.
"A vet." Abigail piped in.
"A police officer." Nathan quietly muttered.
"A PIKACHU!" Eliza bellowed. The doctor laughed and I joined in. And there was no convincing her that this was impossible.

A few weeks go by and I decide to ask again. However now she's changed her mind to be a ditto pokemon because apparently they can make themselves into any other kind of pokemon.

"Well, Eliza as genius as that plan sounds, you are going to be a human for the rest of your life. That is just how it works. You were born a human, and you will be a human forever." I broke the rough news.

"I know." She sighed, and then quickly added, "Because YOU never let me go anywhere dangerous."

Right, her mean old mom keeping her out of haunted woods or other places she thinks she might meet a witch or something that would trade her humanness for the ability to be a cartoon animal that can only say its name.

So we have joked about this for months now, that Eliza is stuck on becoming something other than a human when she grows up. Then at dinner the other day the kids were asking me about fire eaters. I showed them a video of a fire eater and Eliza exclaimed, "THAT! That is the human I want to be when I grow up."

No comments:

Post a Comment