Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

You is kind... you is smart... you is important...


Have you seen The Help? If not, take 19 seconds to watch this video. Out of context it might seem kind of weird, but anyway I thought it was a touching part of the movie. And I thought I should be better at telling my girls more often how important and kind they are.

So the next day this scene kept going through my head. I had Abigail on my lap on the rocking chair and I looked at her sweet little face. I said, "Abigail, you is kind..." To which she yelled, "NO!" And I said, "Yes, you are kind..." And as if to prove her point she hit me in the face and again yelled, "No!" This is real life people. I didn't bother with the rest of the little mantra.

So later that day I had Olivia on my lap in the kitchen. I said the same thing to her. "Hey Liv, did you know you are kind? You are smart. And you are important." She didn't really respond to me at all. Then she looked up from what she was doing and said, "Cool. You forgot to say cool."

.... and since I'm officially past my due date I guess I ought to mention how incredibly miserable I am. I also have a cold. This has been a recurrent theme for the end of my pregnancies. It is the worst. And I feel terribly sorry for myself, so don't worry you don't have to feel sorry for me, I'm taking care of that all on my own.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That is just too funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that what Abigail is going to do when a guy tells her she's pretty? Haha! And Olivia, she is too funny! Sorry about the cold. I feel like I have colds the whole time I am pregnant. I can only suggest lots of vitamin c. If you can buy grapefruit, cut into fourths cover with water in pot and boil till soft. Add tblspn of honey. I squeezed the slices to get all the juice and pulp out. This is supposed to help with immune system. Oh, and massages, lots and lots of back and foot massages from your loving husband :)

    ReplyDelete