Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Gratitude

So I let all of November pass without a typical blogger grateful post. Lately I have been falling asleep listening to the same talk on my phone... The Choice To Be Grateful.  Towards the end it says to make a list of 100 things you are grateful for, and helps you break it down. I have found this to be the most peaceful way to fall asleep.

And since I'm procrastinating putting away groceries and cleaning the kitchen I'm going to do it. Write out all 100 things... So sit back, and relax and enjoy!... or just scroll down to the next post and read some funny things Olivia has said ;)

  1. Write 10 physical abilities you are grateful for.
    Showering on my own
    Toileting on my own... seriously had a friend on strict bedrest and I didn't even think about how awful it would be to have to use a bedpan. *shudder*
    My ability to carry healthy babies, and nurse them with little difficulty.
    The ability to drive a car.
    The ability to cook yummy dinners.
    The ability to type... I do enjoy my blogging time.
    Sleep. That's a physical ability, right?
    Hugs. And kisses.
    Taste, definitely couldn't live without my taste buds.
    And I guess just the physical potential of my body. Right now I would never dream of running a marathon, but I know if I wanted to, I could put forth the effort and my body would oblige. I'm grateful for that.
  2. Write 10 material possessions you are grateful for.
    phone.
    van.
    computer.
    bed.
    Abigail's binkies.
    food.
    my pillow.
    my Ikea throw pillows and lamps.
    our tv.
    scriptures.

  3. Write 10 living people you are grateful for.
    Aaron.
    Olivia.
    Abigail.
    "Baby boy on the way"
    Mom
    Nanny
    Mom-in-law
    aunts.
    cousins.
    siblings.
    sibling-in-laws.
    friends. near and far.

  4. Write 10 deceased people you are grateful for.
    this is tough....fortunately I don't know that many people that died. I'm so grateful for that. And so so so grateful that most of the people on this list are people I've never met.
    Poppy
    Joseph Smith
    Grandma Opie
    ...ugh I literally can't think of any more. I'm grateful for the babies of my friends that only lived long enough to ever know their mother's womb. While it breaks my heart into a million pieces for them, it magnifies my gratitude for my precious little ones that for some reason, Heavenly Father saw fit to let me keep here on this Earth with me.
  5. Write 10 things about nature you are grateful for.
    beaches.
    mountains.
    finding bugs with my kiddos.
    walking on logs across creeks.
    arizona citrus blossoms.
    sun shine.
    warm breezes.
    millions of stars.
    fall's beautiful colors.
    first blossoms of spring.
    freshly fallen snow.
  6. Write 10 things about today you are grateful for.
    kids were amazing at chiropractor this morning.
    chocolate cookies I splurged on at Target.
    kids were amazing at Target and sat in the cart and let me browse.
    Writing Santa letters with my kids.
    Facebook chats with friends. (sometimes this is my only social interaction of the day!)
    The sun is shining!
    Abigail napping.
    Having groceries for dinner tonight.
    The first day of Dec... the month I'll be having this baby boy!
    nice lady at Target giving me two separate bags of popcorn for my kids so they wouldn't fight.
  7. Write 10 places on earth you are grateful for.
    Middletown, NJ
    Erie, PA
    Mesa, AZ
    Jamaica (honeymoon)
    Christopher Creek, AZ (falling in love)
    My home.
    The temple. Any temple.
    Disneyland.
    Mexico.
    Sandy Hook.
  8. Write 10 modern inventions you are grateful for.
    laptops
    phones
    television
    dishwashers
    washing machines
    dryers
    showers and bathtubs (those are "modern" right??)
    cars
    .... I can't think of anything else really "modern". I keep thinking of things like blankets and beds. Pretty sure those have been around a while.
  9. Write 10 foods you are grateful for.
    Just 10? chocolate chips.
    chocolate in general.
    pasta.
    mozzarella cheese.
    potatoes
    chicken
    homemade bread
    girl scout cookies
    butter. lots of butter.
    and because a vegetable should be somewhere on this list... broccoli.
  10. Write 10 things about the gospel you are grateful for.
    The Atonement. 
    Commandments.
    Tithing.
    Blessings.
    Friendship.
    Forever families.
    A Living Prophet.
    Teaching Seminary.
    Visiting Teaching.
    Personal Revelation.

1 comment: