Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Still Small Voice

Olivia and I were driving to the grocery store. Out of seemingly no where she asks, "Mom what's a conscience?" I told her it was a little voice that told us right from wrong. I told her we usually call it the Holy Ghost, or the Spirit. If we listen closely we can hear it tell us what to do, and tell us what is right. I was feeling pleased with myself and this spiritual bit of knowledge I was teaching my daughter. A few moments later I hear in a soft whisper from the backseat, "Cuuppcaaake.... cuuuupcake.... get Olivia a cuuuupcaaake." And then in a louder voice, "Hey Mom! Did you hear that? *back to a whisper* cuuupcaaake.."

She really is too smart for her own good. I had a good laugh. And we did enjoy a cupcake together at the grocery store.

5 comments:

  1. hahaha. too cute! So did she get a cupcake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh goodness! That voice talks to me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, i love it. i would do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow thats pretty good love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg that is hilarious! The little voice in my head is usually encouraging junk food consumption too, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete