Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cousin Fun




Today we had a fun playdate with O's cousins. They are so cute together. And here are just some highlights of what we've been up to lately.
  • Olivia has been fighting a cold. She's had it forever, so finally got some antibiotics to see if that will do the trick.
  • She has started clapping. It took her forever to figure this out, but now that she has she loves to do it.
  • We do some baby signs. She's gotten down milk, more, bye bye, and blowing kisses, if you can count that.

  • She's also taken some steps. Not more than one or two, but we're getting there. She still wants her body to move faster than her feet.
  • She's absolutely obsessed with dogs. As soon as we go out the front door she starts looking around going, "Woowoo woowoo..." and usually there's someone walking with a dog that we get to say hi to.
  • She still wakes up once a night, usually. I know I need to just let her cry. But I always feel bad because it's always been at least 6 or more hours since I last fed her... I think once I ween her this will stop. That's what I tell myself anyway.
  • Nap time is always a fight. We usually end up driving around and she falls asleep within 15 minutes. I know she needs the sleep, but if I just leave her in her crib she will cry for 90 minutes straight, and that's not fun for anyone. So we drive. Then at least she does let me put her in her crib and she stays asleep.
  • Her hair is officially long enough for pigtails, but it's hard to get a picture of them. You can kind of see in the picture above.
  • She still hasn't said mama. Although today she made the mmmmm sound. We'll get there.

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous of her hair getting so long! Ellie is almost 2 and still not long enough for a pigtails.

    We're having major sleep issues at our house so I just pulled out my sleep bible to read again "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child". Sleeping can be such a battle with kids sometimes!

    ReplyDelete