Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

St. Louis

So we're in the airport on our way to St. Louis for Reliv's 20th Annual International Conference. Exciting stuff. Our flight was supposed to be at noon today, but they overbooked it, and were looking for volunteers to give up their seats in exchange for a free ticket to anywhere in the US. So after a little debate we decided it'd be worth a day in the airport, since tickets for NJ for Christmas are looking to be like $850 a peice!! However, there are of course some restrictions that we found out about after. Like... we might not be able to use the tickets for Christmas time. But they're completely transferable, and so we could fly my dad out, or something like that. We'll see.

Olivia is 5 months old now! She amazes me daily with how she's figuring out this world. She's making lots of new noises and babbles. She's still not a pro at sitting up. She tries to crawl, but hasn't been too successful, although I am afraid because it looks like any day she's just going to pick up and move on me. Lately she's been a terrible sleeper. Waking up lots and lots during the night. I nurse her back to sleep, but I don't think this is the best thing to do. It gets her right back to sleep, but then I keep waking up... so I don't know. I tried keeping her in bed with us, I tried leaving her in the crib, and then I tried leaving her in our bed and I went on the couch. lol... I think it might be teething. Her gums seem pretty swollen. But we have so much going on, this trip, then the move, then in Sept. going away on that trip... so after all that is said and done we'll establish a better sleeping routine, and hopefully get her sleeping through the night. In the meantime, I'll try to enjoy it, because she def won't be a baby forever.

1 comment:

  1. Okay so....

    I have been thinking about you a lot lately. Particularly when I was on my way to pick up one of the kids I nanny at the Phoenix airport and saw a sign for Chandler (that's where you are right? If not, I had good intentions lol)

    So I finally got to catch up on your blog! I have four jobs right now and barely sleep and hate how I've neglected contact with too many people, but was excited to read up! And I have 3 things to say:

    - Seeing you list how off key you sing made me hear it in my head from sophomore year and laugh out loud.
    - I wish I was closer in AZ because I would totally help you learn to sew and decorate cakes and we could scrapbook together!
    - Most importantly, Olivia is gorgeous!! And I love how you call her O!

    Tell Aaron I say hi too...I keep thinking of your NJ wedding and how we should get LG and Em to fly out here. I'll pick em up at the airport on the way to your place and we'll have a reunion. Have either of them been out yet? Or just met Olivia at home?

    <3 Ashlei

    ReplyDelete