Pages

Sunday, January 28, 2018

Nathan is 6 and Eliza is 4!

We are in the birthday half of the year (a birthday a month from October to March, pretty much) and my kids are growing so fast.

Nathan is doing really well in school. He is so smart and learning to read and loves math. He's bored in school and I know this because his teacher asked me if he has a medical problem because he asks to use the bathroom 4 times an hour during class. He loved when I substitute at his school and get to pop in and see him in class. He likes to ride his bike and scooter and if he's not doing that he's playing on his DS. He loves to do good and be good. He lives to follow the rules and I just love that about him. I really do have such good kids.

That said, Eliza is my wild card. She is also good, but man is she something else. She will tell you like it is, no matter what. Her vocabulary far exceeds her four years. She loves baby Matthew more than anything and loves to carry him around and hold him. She is still obsessed with unicorns and her "night nights". She gets her feelings hurt easily, but forgives just as easily. She is trying so hard to learn to read and I'm trying so hard to teach her. With 6 kids it's easy to get lost in the shuffle. But there is something very rewarding about being her preschool teacher. She has learned to write her name and I love seeing her proudly writing her name and knowing I taught her that! She wrote her aunt a letter today and she was able to sound out some of the words herself. She is so smart and we just love having her in our family.

I am wanting to get the kids involved in some extracurricular activities but I hate having places to be. I feel guilty about this and keep saying tomorrow I'll look into it, but honestly it never happens because mostly I hate trying to find shoes for everyone to leave the house.

So we mostly go to school, hang out, and play.


We rented a cotton candy machine and invited Eliza's friends over for her birthday party. On her actual birthday I took all my kids to the mall in El Centro to ride the train and carasoul. This is small town living at its worst... driving an hour for that thrill! Still makes me laugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment