Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

An open letter to my unborn child.

Dear Baby Girl,
       
       I see you're already following the good example of your older siblings by not being born, even a day before your due date. It's okay, I'm used to it by now. I just want to be clear, this isn't a competition about who could gestate the longest, okay? We're at 40 weeks, so any day now would be great. Lets not try to get to 41 like everyone else. Plus, we just cleaned a lot. And I had the van cleaned. These things won't last long, so if you'd like a nice clean welcome into this world, tonight, tomorrow, no rush, would be a great day to be born. Otherwise, I make no promises about the condition of the vehicle that will drive you home. Perhaps you think because we already have a cute new baby here we're not as excited for your arrival. I promise, this couldn't be further from the truth! I am so excited to see you two next to each other. And all your older siblings can not wait to meet you. And so here's the thing. Your dad is going back to work after this week of vacation is up, and I'd really like you to be able to hang out with him a lot. So if you aren't here by Saturday we're going to be giving you the boot. But I'm super scared of that whole process, and worried how it will effect you, and me, and so please, before Saturday would be great. Also, if you could come out with a name badge on that would be great. Your dad and I can't seem to see eye to eye. Again, nothing new. Don't worry, no one is nameless yes. You've been such a calm in-utero baby. I hope it's indicative of your personality. Because we have a lot of crazy going on around here, and can sure use some calm. Though if you're another opinionated, sassy, silly, emotional female, don't worry. You'll fit right in.
We can't wait to kiss you, and count your toes, and dress you up. See you soon.

Love,
Mom

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! But don't stress about induction...4 of mine were. We all survived!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugg babies! They refuse to come when we tell them to. I'm almost at 4cm and this little guy just keeps cooking! If I make it the 2 more weeks until my due date I'm going to be pissed. I'm sending you quick labor thoughts and praying your water breaks tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! She's here!! Your wish came true... Before Saturday! I'm so happy for you!! Enjoy... One day at a time! 💖💕🌹🎈🎉🎀🍼💞

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! She's here!! Your wish came true... Before Saturday! I'm so happy for you!! Enjoy... One day at a time! 💖💕🌹🎈🎉🎀🍼💞

    ReplyDelete