Pages

Friday, September 18, 2009

Just a genral update

So here's what's going on in our little world.

Aaron is back in school full time. And working full time. He's taking 16 credits, working about 40 hours a week, and preparing to take the PCAT in less than a month. Yeah he's amazing. All this in preperation to apply to pharmacy school in January to start in June. He is so smart, and is doing wonderfully in his classes. We are proud of him. The program he is applying to is a 3 year, accelerated program in Glendale. They have about 3,000 applicants a year and accept about 150 into their program. Our only worry is that Aaron has about... zero pharmacy experience. We need to work on that. Anyone know any pharmacists that need a volunteer helper?

A weird sickness ran through our family earlier this week. I got really tired. More than normal pregnancy tired. And then I started feeling really queasy. Then I barfed. A lot. Then I slept a couple hours and woke up feeling almost normal. Never got a fever. My sister-in-law apparently had the same thing at the same time. Aaron kind of got it, but never puked. So now I'm keeping everything crossed that this somehow magically skips Olivia. I am pretty sure it was a bug and not just something we ate because really we didn't eat anything in the 48 hours prior to this sickness that would make you sick. Like really... cheerios, cheese crisps, bread... I can't think of anything that could have possibly been bad. Anyway, it's over for me and Aaron, and just hoping it passes O.

Olivia is her cute self. Her biggest thing right now is wanting to know everyone's whereabouts. I hear, "Daddy go?" about 15 times a day. And nana, and papa, and everyone else she knows. She can count to 2, and understands the concept of 2 very well. Anytime she has one of something, she usually says, "Two peease mama?" And how cute is that, I usually give in and let her have 2 of whatever it is. She's into cats right now, and calls them all "tashi" bc that's my mom's cat, and the first cat she ever really met. She also loves ring around the rosie right now. She will play by herself if no one will join her. Which is also really cute. She just says, "ashses ahses ashses ashes... JUMP" while spinning in a circle, then falls down. It cracks me up. We talk about the baby coming to our family a lot. I know she doesn't really get it, but it's still heart warming to have her talk to my belly, and kiss it and hug it (usually followed by an "awwwe" from her). She's also offically in Nursery now. That's the Sunday school class for 18 month old - 3 year olds at our church. Last week she did pretty good, but they were short 4 teachers, so I stayed in to help for the second hour. She's way into this whole "MINE" phase. I swear I hear her saying it in her sleep. She says it to her own reflection. She says it to strangers we pass in the aisle of the grocery store (usually while clinging to whatevers closest to her). She even says it to no one at all, but while looking sternly in a direction like there's someone there. I really don't know what to do. I try to tell her to say please, or Olivia's instead. She will do it after I correct her, but never at first. Which hearing her say her name is hilarious. She is "yaya". And when she hides she says, "yaya go? yaaaayaaa?" So she does have a new nickname around here, yaya.

As far as the weather here in AZ... still hot. And it really bugs me when it's the middle of Sept and still over 100. I can deal with it in August, but by Sept. I want cool weather. I guess that's the jersey in me. Labor day weekend = end of summer. Not here. We still have a while left, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, gorgeous weather is around the corner. And in the morning and evenings it's not too bad. We have spent quite a bit of time outside.

And I'm 34 weeks. Well almost 35. This is the time I start thinking... in 2 weeks I'm full term! But in reality I am sure I have at least 5 weeks left. I feel like she's going to come early, but that's probably just wishful thinking. I wish I stayed in better shape this pregnancy. I was so good with Olivia. Not so much this time, and I am feeling it. I feel like I can barely move sometimes. Like I'm underwater. Like everything requires 10 times more effort. But I do love watching my belly move around. I love feeling her. I am trying to enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck to Aaron! And I'm sorry about that stomach bug. Not good at all!

    I hear you on the end of pregnancy - I'm 36 weeks on Monday but pretty much planning on going the full 40 again. In reality, even though I'm geting uncomfortable... I'm not sure I'm quite ready for the second baby yet! So she can take her time. (Ask me this again in couple of weeks and my story will be different!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember the weather will be cooling off in just a few short weeks. It always does. And I'm sure you've been "keeping in shape" just fine. Remember that during this pregnancy, you've been keeping up with a very active toddler. That's exercise enough for just about anyone. I bet you burn more calories than most people in the gym! LOL!

    ReplyDelete