Pages

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Still no pictures

Sorry I still haven't gotten any pictures onto my computer... but here's what we've been up to.

Put up Christmas lights... looks oh-so-lovely and wonderful. So excited and fun to have a house to decorate!

Purchased a Christmas tree.

And got Olivia's picture with Santa. She was petrified. I was really shocked because she's so social and happy with everyone... but she screamed her little head off when I tried to let Santa hold her. And it was quite hilarious because then Santa gave us a whole psychoanalysis, and refused to hold a crying baby because he didn't want to damage her psychi. He told us we wouldn't believe how many adults tell him how they were scarred as children with their parents laughing at them while they cried and Santa held them. He doesn't want to scar any children. Which I appriciate, but it was funny nonetheless. He went on about how precocious Olivia is, and what a Christmas angel she was. He even sang her Twinkle, Twinkle. Which she calmed down, but still wouldn't go to him. He commented that she's clearly bonded to me very well. It was just so funny. Very nice man, and I am not making fun of Santa... I just couldn't stop laughing on the way home, reliving the situation.

And I'm trying to get Olivia to take naps on her own. This has been a challenge. At night I rock her and nurse her then lay her down and she falls asleep no crying. At nap time, she just won't fall asleep unless I hold her until she's asleep. Sometimes this is 5 minutes, sometimes 50. I just don't know what to do. Yesterday I let her cry, and she cried for a solid hour. Now she's been crying for 20 minutes. I really don't know what to do. I don't mind holding her for 5 or even 20 minutes, but when it takes FOREVER I get frustrated. So we're working on it.

1 comment:

  1. we want pictures! we want pictures! lol sorry the protest next door must be rubbing off on me. Love you

    ReplyDelete