Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Teenagers...

LDS youth really amaze me. With the recent passing of President Hinckley there was a story about teenagers all over dressing up for school on Monday in their Sunday best. Watch the video here:

http://www.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/media/mediaplayer.swf?media=http://broadcast.lds.org/newsroom/video/flv/GBH/Seminary_Version2.flv&type=FLV

Just very impressed. My feelings on President Hinckley's death? I am so grateful to have a prophet on the Earth today, and I know those keys are passed down to the next prophet, and that there is no question this all taken care of by our Heavenly Father. I will certainly miss President Hinckley, and his personality, and cuteness, but I know we will recieve the same divine council from the new prophet. I am also happy to know that Pres. Hinckley is with his sweetheart now, and I'm sure he's much happier than he was here. I remember the first time I ever went to General Conference and I heard President Hinckley speak for the first time. I literally heard the spirit whisper to me that this was a prophet of God, and I was literally hearing a spokesperson for my Heavenly Father. It was a really neat experience, one I'll never forget. I look forward to hearing President Monson speak and have that same assurance and knowledge that he is a true prophet of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment